Tuesday, March 29, 2011

arch of fire

This weekend was the 2nd annual Oakland Running Festival with 7500 runners participating in a variety of events.  The full marathon course showcases the diversity of Oakland's neighborhoods and natural beauty from the estuary to the hills.  In West Oakland, The Crucible created a metal arch with live flames that participants ran through.  Along with the cheering, clanging cow bells, and live music, each runner got slapped with an "I ran through fire" sticker after running under the arch.  I'll post a few more photos in the coming days.

5 comments:

  1. Once again, you've found something «Louis» has driven by and missed...
    «Louis» frequently goes by The Crucible returning from buying supplies for his coffee business, but he's missed the arch of fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is gorgeous and how neat to get to run under it.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shot, and loved the running festival. I did a double-take when I first looked at the picture, because that cyclist is about where I stopped to take my picture of the arch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that interesting. Oakland is a pretty cool place.

    ReplyDelete