Sunday, February 28, 2016

Monday Mural: singing like a bird

This mural is relatively new and replaces this one posted a year ago.  The tone in this one seems a little less tranquil than the previous one.  I don't know what it means, but intuitively it feels like it has its roots in mythology.  Found on International Blvd. in East Oakland.  Could not find a name for the artist although I suspect it's right in front of me if only I could read the font.

Welcome to Monday Mural:  if you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme's for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  You decide what constitutes a mural.  Once you start looking, you find them everywhere.  Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward your mural finds posted this week.  Google+ users, please configure your post so we all can leave a comment.  Thanks.

 “ Be kind; everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”  Rev. John Watson

13 comments:

  1. I like it and the singer is quite expressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she look to me to be screaming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aargh! Clicked on the wrong thing and my image is the wrong way round. Sorry. I don't think your lady is singing or screaming - shouting angrily? Off to visit some more now.
    The Glasgow Gallivanter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Singing like a bird, maybe?
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the previous mural ODP, although this one certainly gets you thinking more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Singing like a bird or sounding like one. Or could it be about freedom of speech? Many ways to look at it, I guess. A very interesting one. Eye-catching too.

    Great find.
    Thank you so much for hosting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The old one was so peaceful and this one looks so warriorlike!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting mural. Mine is a wrap-around.

    ReplyDelete